Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Birthday Breakfast

    I made a special birthday breakfast for myself today - my "Music Man" birthday.  I eat oatmeal to try to control my cholesterol; but, I do not like oatmeal.  I especially dislike the odor that oatmeal emits  when it is cooking; so I figured out a noncooking method that I can tolerate. I pour the raw oats into a bowl (1/2 cup of the oats) and add raisins, unsweetened pure cocoa powder to the bowl and then cook it all, in the bowl, with hot coffee.  I can eat it if I manage to add enough fruit so that every mouthful has at least one piece of fruit - cut up nectarines, peaches, plums, some grapes, sometimes even cantaloupe.  But I still don't like it.  And, I eat this every other morning.  The other mornings, I eat an egg white omelet with cut up mushrooms and peppers.

     This morning. I cut up the veggies the way I usually do, and cooked them as usual but I covered the pan to create some veggie liquid and soften the veggies.  Finally, I put 4 tablespoons of tomato puree in the bowl with the egg whites; added some water to the mixture and 1/2 cup of the raw oats.  I beat it all together, poured it over the veggies, cooked the omelet as usual, and enjoyed it.  I finally found a way I can eat oatmeal.  I will still continue with the oatmeal, chocolate, coffee, and fruit every other day but, from now on, my omelets will be oatmeal too.

No comments:

Post a Comment